Your Favorite Hunting Release....?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by hoyt_hunter007, Apr 25, 2007.

1. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

Im in the market for a new release this year, and was wondering what you guys like? Im basically deciding between the Scott Little Goose and TruBall Copperhead. Anyone have any opinions about these two or suggest any others? I shot a Tru-Fire for the last three years and am thinking of trying something new.

2. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Member

I haven't hunted with mine yet, but I can tell you my Carter 2 Shot is unbelievable. You can tell it's bulletproof construction & I really like the large trigger, has adjustable tension and all that good stuff.

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I love my T.R.U. Pro-Diamond. you can get them with a wrist strap to prevent dropping them too.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am going to use my truball pro diamond for hunting and I just ordered a t-handle pinky....

tru ball makes a great release and the customer service is secong to none....

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Favorite hunting release is a Tru-Ball Saber Tooth!

6. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Member

I belatedly switched from shooting off the string this past year to shooting with a D-loop, and am quite happy with the release the Scott Wildcat is giving me and its forward-placed trigger.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a TRU Ball Tornado for hunting... I like it a lot.

Ron

8. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

thanks for the info guys....one more question-

does truball make a wristband release that has jaws that spring open and stay open...i prefer the style that pops open over the ones the go closed by themselves and you sqeeze like a gun trigger...i hope this makes sense to someone :laugh: :doh:

9. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Member

That is precisely what a Carter 2 Shot is. I liked mine so much I just bought another Carter for targets. Insatiable 2 to be exact. Not to make you lean one way more than the other or anything. :laugh:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I also use a Carter Solution 3 for target and that's how that release works.
    I don't think I would use that release for hunting though.

Ron

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

yes they do! go to: www.truball.com

12. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Carter Two Shot, Fletcher Flathead, and Scott Idy Biddy Goose. All give a good clean release, the later two being a bit better for me. All will give maximum draw length possible. Use a velcro strap, but don't peel the velcro around deer! Damn things lock right in on the sound for some reason. A good pro shop should have all three, and should let you try them all. All clip onto a string release very well. I have hade unfortunate experiences with double calipers over the years. Sometimes they hang for a moment after release and screw up the shot. naturally at the worst possible time.

13. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I wasn't sure if I would like my carter insatiable 2 for hunting but I love it. I can lock onto the string loop and everything is ready to go.

14. GANDEE

GANDEE Junior Member

I like a scott caliper :rockon:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a rope on my Sol 3 and it would be tough to rig that up for the shot while hunting. I shoot right off the string/serving so having a rope release for hunting is a real handicap (beyond the handicap I already have in my ability)... I was thinking about trying a TRU Ball Pro Diamond for hunting. Has anyone hunted with one of those ? I really like the T handle releases now that I'm used to my Sol 3. The SOl 3 is just not feasible.

Ron