Your pet peave of bow buying...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dooby, Jun 10, 2008.

1. the price I have to pay

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. the lack of options (colors, cams, limbs) available

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. the quality of the products available

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. the time it takes to get my equipment

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. the lack of setup for new equipment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. the way it all works (or doesn't) as a system

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. the frequency of updates about my order (low)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. advertisements overstating capability

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. some other issue I've posted about below

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  10. all is perfect! a bargain at twice the price!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Just as a bit of consumer research, if you had to rate your MAIN beef with ordering/buying new a new bow setup, which would it be?

I'm asking generically, so I don't want to raise a heated argument over a particular brand, dealer, etc. This is just to understand what most shops and bow manufacturers should focus on most to make you a giddy camper.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

very little left handed gear in stock. 95% of the time it's a special order.....:doh:

3. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

What's your DL? I'm a lefty with 31"...but I've met a guy locally that's a lefty with 33", so I feel a BIT fortunate. :D

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

HAD to go with "OTHER"

LACK of target bows in stock to test shoot, before buying.......

MOST shops have plenty of Camo hunting bows in stock, but VERY FEW shops, have colored target bows to look at/touch/feel/and shoot......before buying.......:frusty:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

30.5". that guy is a knuckle dragger......:biggrin1:

6. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

You mean a lack of options? :D

7. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Very much so...he's probably 2" shorter than me, but his DL is a lot longer. It's a bit of a joke about his arm length...and his very hairy knuckles (it's so long it's curly). Really nice guy, though.

8. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Actually I don't have much in the way of complaints. But I do think the IBO ratings need to be more realistic; - all arrows must be fletched (& the same), bows tested as they would be dressed when they hit the shelf (string leaches etc.)

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I think the price of all bows are too high.:doh:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

options would be what you choose to go on your target bow.......

most places dont even have target bow RISORS to feel what the grip section feels like......:censored:

11. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have not bought enough bows to have pet peeves yet :cool:

12. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I got to with Bunny on this one. In the last 20 years I have NEVER seen a brand new target bow in any shop in Mid Missouri EVER.

13. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

When I was growing up in SE Missouri....and going to college in Columbia at MU....I don't think ever met anyone that would consider using a bow for anything OTHER than hunting....except maybe practicing...so you could HUNT. :lol: Hence the leaning toward camo.

I've often wondered, though. Since it doesn't seem to be overly pricey to get your own bow dipped or powder coated...have any of the bigger bow makers ever offered a truly "bare" bow...or bow kit? (i.e. you get a box with all parts, broken down so you can just ship off the bits to have them finished as you'd like. I figure....saves the guys time and $$ putting a finish on you're going to have blasted off anyway.

14. rookie shootr

rookie shootr New Member

+1 not enough lefty stuff

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I believe Martin will do that........:noidea:

16. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

If they do, then I'd say they are VERY much in tune with their customers and dealers.

Imagine how much bow shops would love the makers if they could buy a "kit" bow to finish and set up for a customer. Quality control via certification for the shops would mean the maker could make at least the same profit, and the shop could also cash in by offering truly "custom" bows for their customers. Sorta puts the "pro" in "pro shop", eh?

THERE is the value add that the big guys would struggle delivering. Can you imagine Wal-mart trying to deliver a one of a kind ANYTHING? Nah...they wouldn't bother!

Of course you'd still have your production line bows out there, just not ALL of them would be production bows. The variety in camo patterns and target colors would be FAR greater than one manufacturer could justify producing.

17. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

If they would not put out all that lefty stuff they could put out more target bows :laugh: :hug:

18. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Not enough to account for the 18%+ loss in business though...besides...

uhm...

shaddup. :pout:

I HAVE to shoot a lefty...a cyclops of sorts. I'd have to install a little periscope on the bow to shoot the other way around.

19. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

:wave:
    :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

20. SinGin

SinGin Banned

How in the world did you end up where your at from going to school at MU??? I used to work at that God forbidden place.