Youth bow give away thread

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by SinGin, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinGin

SinGin Banned

O.K. ladys and and gentelmen what I have is an older Browning Micro Midas bow. The young man that gave me the bow thinks he got it in 1999. It still has the teardrop cables on it. It also comes with a cheap plastic sight with the brass pins (2 to be exact). It also has a 5 arrow detachable quiver and a Cobra 2 prong shoot thru rest and peepsight. This is a very nice bow and would make a great bow for a first time archer. So after consulting with Bunnyman the rules are simple. Just post a story of a kid that could really use this bow. No need to post a hundred times as we will pick one person based on their story. The only catch is being the cheapskate that I am all I ask is that the winner pay the first 20.00 for shipping and I will pay the rest within reason. I will try to get pics posted later if I can. The draw lenght is 19-24 in and draw weight is15-45#

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  2. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

my daughter and I were going threw the post and saw your thread. She said she would like to try this is what she wrote

I would like this bow because I need a bow that I can shoot and that fits my draw length and that isn’t too small and will reach the corner of my mouth. I want the bow so I can shoot a bow like my dad and so I can
    have my very own bow instead of sharing a bow .I hate waiting for my
    turn and, having to pull back a bow that is to short and a small. Those are some of the reasons why I would to have this bow.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

pics for the man......

4. catfishdrifter

catfishdrifter Junior Member

My name is Joshua I am 9 years old. I need this bow because my old one is two little for me. I love to shoot. I like shooting because I get stronger and learn new stuff and I like shooting because it is a good father and son activity. I also like shooting because it gives me something to do outside. When I get better at shooting then I can start to hunt with it. If I get this bow when I out grow it I will give it to another person needing a bow.
    Thanks,
    Joshua

5. thjacobi

thjacobi Senior Member

My Son

My son Lukas is 7 and loves everything outdoors. If he could wear camo everyday he would. He cannot wait until he is older and can go hunting, he practices everyday with the little plastic bow he got for his birthday. Lukas's Grandpa has been bowhunting his whole life and is the inspiration for myself and Luke to start bowhunting and shooting bow and arrow in general. When I got my first bow Lukas was totally bummed out that he couldn't use it, all he ever askes for anytime there is a holiday or birthday is a bow that he can shoot with Dad and Grandpa. I would love to get him one but I don't want to get him a cheap junk bow. This would be the perfect starter bow for my son.

6. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

So my 10 year old son has a friend that we took to do archery with us this weekend. He is so much like my kid, it's uncanny.... A big kid... a nice kid, the type that gets picked on.... not very athletic. When I got my 10 year old into archery, he found that the outside of the house was really nice, There is more to life than an X-Box. A walk on the target trail is secretely exercise... I won't tell him that though. We are lucky have and outdoor range that is maintained by the city.... designated a city park. Chucky was lit up by shooting this weekend, He got to shoot a recurve and was really excited to try out my sosn's compound bow with a release. Chucky has no means of getting a bow. He has a single mom recently divored from his step dad.... I don't know if he has any contact with his biological dad or not. This would be the only chance at getting a bow of his own for a while for him. I would supply him with arrows and a release from my own tight archery budget..... I would like to take Chucky out for walks on the target trail with us... To help foster that love for the outdors and possibly even hunt one day too. So I'd like to submit his name for this bow as well.

Thanks,

-Judson
    (aka two_shoes)

7. DAGUARDIAN

DAGUARDIAN Junior Member

My little cousin Austin is always wanting to be like Dad, well Dad shoots a bow so Austin wants to shoot a bow. Problem is they bought a new house about 4 months ago and not 2 days after they close his dad lost his job so now its tight times with a new house and 2 kids (one being 8 months old)

To make ends meat his Dad has sold off almost all of his hunting stuff including his bow. I had a spare setup so I gave his dad that so he could still have something for himself, well Austin still wants to shoot with Dad but we dont have a bow for him, nor can we afford one.

I dont have kids but there is 18 year difference in age between Austin and I, and he is my LIL' buddy when he was born I bought him a camo onesie (sp) knowing this is going to be my hunting partner some day, and I want to continue to help him pursue the passion for the outdoors that he already shows.

This bow would make a young kid very happy and allow him to be like Dad also to grow up to be a wonderful Man and Dad and make the sacrifices neccessary in life like his Dad did for Him.

8. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

I would like this bow to give to my youngest sons step brothers.
    Danial and Austin are two really good kids stuck in the middle of really bad situation.
    Recently both boys were taken away from there parents and have been placed in foster care. I have been spending as much time with them as the state will allow. Both boys were used to shooting bows with us all the time. but when they were placed into foster care they lost everything they ever knew and no longer have access to the bow they had at home. Both of their parents are not allowed to see the boys (for reasons that I can not get into) My son and I pick the boys up once a week and take them to shoot, but these boys are much smaller than my son and they cant shoot his bow.We have been borrowing bows from other friends so that they can shoot. it sure would be nice to set them up a bow that they could actually call their own. Archery is the one thing that keeps these kids focused on something positive.
    The oldest boy is 12 but is way smaller than his age (about the size of a 9 year old) and the other boy is 10 about average size.

rdnkgrl

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

SinGin, your thread is cleaned up, ready for the Poll :biggrin1:

10. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Thanks Wheely. I'm going to close this thread now and tommorrow Bullfidle is going to start a voting poll for you all. Thanks everyone Singin

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Please remove my entry from this contest.....

I have aquired a bow for my brother, from a younger memebr here

WP_bowmaster

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.