Zebra String

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by trussoni, Mar 18, 2008.

1. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

I am begining to hear some bad things about the string on my bow. My peep does not want to turn consistently and I am begining to hear that it is because of the Zebra string Mathews uses on their bows. I have had it reserved twice now and hopefully it will stay where its at now but I am contemplating getting new string in the not too distant future. Anyone know if what I am hearing is true? If so what would you all recommend?

2. camoham

camoham Junior Member

i believe the dren should have a 'cuda string on them.

i put a zebra on my old pearson renegade.

the cuda on my sbxt has been okay. its set pretty well for a stock string i believe. last hunting season i went ahead and used a tube peep (bought xt in sept.).............after season i switched to a fletcher then super ball. no problems after it settled in.

ill shoot it a while longer then switch to an aftermarket string.

if your uncomfortable, buy an aftermarket.

edit: didnt see that you might be experiencing problems with how it is served in? each make/manufacturer might possibly have different serving instructions. i serve fletcher peep differently than specialty archery peeps. might wanna consult with the maker on that one?

camoham

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008

3. trussoni

It does not sure why I typed what I did.

4. camoham

camoham Junior Member

no worries.

im usually skeptical about any 'stock' string regardless of who manufactured the bow.

i will say that the cuda has served well thru the hunting season and so far for the beginning of 3D.

experienced separation later on the cable where the cam breaks over.............but found a DIY cure for that. its finally settled in................initially i thought i would have to get new strings.

camoham

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

There are plenty of good string makers out there. I've heard good things about our own member JCmorgan. Other options would be Winners Choice but it's a bit pricey.

6. trussoni

heard nothing but good things about jcmorgan i usually ask a million questions before i buy something like that.

7. Ohioarcher

Ohioarcher VaporTrail Staff Shooter

I just bought Winners Choice for mine, they are a bit costly but I've heard they are well worth the cost.

8. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

Crackers & Bucknasty also make great strings.

9. ace7038

ace7038 New Member

Had nothing but trouble with the original string on my switchback. All problems went away when I changed the string. You decide.